Wednesday, March 4, 2009

At different points in my life I've kept a journal. I was never consistent, sometimes writing every day, sometimes only once a year. Although, in the last two or three years, I haven't journaled at all. This new medium (for me), the blog, has me thinking about how and what I used to write about. My journals were very personal, written only for my own self preservation. I have always hidden my writings away from others, in a sock drawer or on a top shelf in my closet. Yesterday I decided to pull a few of them out and see if there is anything I would feel comfortable sharing; anything worthy of putting down here, for anyone to read. Here goes...

4/1/1999

I stood outside late last night, my eyes closed, my neck tilted slightly back so that my face pointed towards what would have been a full moon had there not been a cloud covering the night sky. The air was so moist that an ever-so-slight mist carressed my cheeks. I froze there with my arms stretched out and just breathed. I let the air surge through my body, aware of every sensation.


The Winter cold is finally over, I thought as I took one more deep inhale. What a wonderful feeling....


...the smell of Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment