Saturday, March 14, 2009







There is art all around us. Most of the time no one notices the details that are put into the creation of everyday-things. Sometimes I look around and I'm amazed at the way a table leg is perfectly curved, or how the stitching on my favorite pair of jeans is perfectly symmetrical. The bowls in your kitchen may be mass produced in some factory on the other side of the world, but at some point they were designed by someone. The weave of a blanket, the color of the paint on your walls, the label on your favorite bottle of wine. These things are all someone's art.

For our second-weekly photo lunch, Tanya and I headed to the mall. It was too cold for us to find an outdoor spot, and in the middle of the food-court there is a pretty little carousel. So I grabbed a Subway sammie and we pulled out our cameras. At first I started trying to get full shots of the colorful horses and other animals; then, as usual, I started noticing the designs and detail that went into the creation of this beautiful work of art.



Look around the room you are in right now. Besides the paintings or photographs on your wall, see the art. Let the beauty of every little thing sink in for a minute, and appreciate the art all around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment